http://life.lege.net/ Forum Index http://life.lege.net/
Life Grounded Discussions / Livs-grundade diskussioner

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please note that articles older than a few days are often locked from editing, so links here is guaranteed to refer to the intended material.
 Cookies:  Liksom många websiter använder denna cookies och/eller liknande teknologier för att förbättra användbarheten, men det går att blockera cookies i sin webbläsare och ändå läsa siten.  En cookie är en liten datafil som sparas i den enhet du använder för att läsa siten.  Vi kan använda både tillfälliga cookies och sparade cookies.  Om du läser siten godkänner du att cookies används.

Teokratisk högerfascism, utan återvändo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://life.lege.net/ Forum Index -> Livs-grundade diskussioner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun, 2006 Jan 15 2:56:09    Post subject: Teokratisk högerfascism, utan återvändo? Reply with quote

Länk hit: http://life.lege.net/viewtopic.php?p=226#226

Teokratisk högerfascism, utan återvändo?

Det kom ett vidaresänt email, från mormonernas favorit-högerfanatiska propagandaorgan, The Meridian Magzine:
    Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:13:07 -0500
    From: Scot & Maurine Proctor <lists@meridianmagazine.com>
    Subject: Take Action: Confirm Judge Samuel A. Alito

Dear Meridian Readers,
    We know that you vitally care about issues that impact marriage, life, the family, and the foundations of society. This is an urgent Take Action item supporting Samuel Alito in his confirmation to the Supreme Court. Please call or email your senator today supporting Alito's confirmation. Then send this email on to your friends so they can do the same. We need momentum and numbers.

Click on "Sign Up Now" to subscribe to the free email updates from Family Leader that keep you abreast of the urgent issues and tell you when your voice is needed to make a difference.

Best wishes,
    Maurine and Scot

Efter det följde petitionstexten som man skulle skriva under, som sjöng Samuel A. Alitos lov.

Nå, vem är då denne Samuel A. Alito?

Låt oss lyssna på några andra röster...
    Richard Matthew Stallman:
    11 January 2006 (Urgent Note)

US citizens:

If you have a senator on the Judiciary committee, call and say: "Don't allow Alito in!"

It was Alito who suggested the idea of presidential "signing statements" in which presidents can say "I think I am above this law." Do you want Alito to be on the Supreme Court when it votes on whether this really negates the ban on torture?

Arlen Specter (PA)
        Jon Kyl (AZ)
        Lindsey Graham (SC)
        Tom Cobur (OK)
        Joseph R. Biden Jr (DE)
        Russ Feingold (WI)
        Orrin Hatch (UT)
        Mike DeWine (OH)
        John Cornyn (TX)
        Patrick J. Leahy (VT)
        Herb Kohl (WI)
        Chuck Schumer (NY)
        Charles Grassley (IA)
        Jeff Sessions (AL)
        Sam Brownback (KS)
        Edward Kennedy (MA)
        Dianne Feinstein (CA)
        Richard Durbin (IL)
Samuel Alito ansåg redan 1984 att presidenten hade rätt att avlyssna folk utan rättsligt underlag. Han tillhör dem som hyllar den så kallade "Unitary Principle", som strävar till ett ständigt förstärkande av presidentens exekutiva makt relativt övriga grupperingar ("Checks and Balances"). Om Alito blir utsedd till ny domare i högsta domstolen - och det ser onekligen ut som att han blir det - så ser det ut som att USA ohjälpligt går den teokratiska högerfascismens väg.

En modig journalist som rapporterat ingående om Samuel Alito - så sent som julafton 2005 i New York Times - är David Rosenbaum. Han avlider dock oväntat två veckor efter publiceringen, på en kort promenad utanför sin bostad i ett mycket lugnt område. Det är ett mord, två män försvinner i en mörk bil. De tar plånboken, men lämnar vigselring och klocka. Artiklar berättar att området är så tryggt att folk inte låser dörrarna om sig. David Rosenbaum har inte bara bitit sig fast i Alito utan han rapporterade även mycket kring både Watergate och den omfattande Iran/Contra-skandalen.

Därmed sällar sig David Rosenbaum till en växande rad av "problem" som oväntat mött sin skapare i förtid. Andra är Missouri-guvernören Mel Carnahan som trots att han dog i en flygkrash år 2000 ändå tre veckor senare vann i ett val mot John Ashcroft - som senare blev justitieminister. Två år senare, också några veckor före ett val, var det Minnesota-senatorn Paul Wellstones tur. Också en flygkrash. Filosofiprofessor Jim Fetzer vid University of Minnesota, Duluth, skriver mer i "Two Strange Deaths Which Changed History: Paul Wellstone and Mel Carnahan".

Jag fick ännu ett mail:
    Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:53:52 -0800
    Subject: Urgent: Final opportunity to protect the Supreme Court

THE NEXT TWO WEEKS WILL DECIDE IF DEMOCRACY WILL SURVIVE

Bush is now completely and certifiably out of control. But to remove the last restraint on the creation of a new American dictatorship they must install one more lock down vote on the Supreme Court, in the person of Sam Alito.

Despite Alito's extreme right wing voting record and lifelong ideological agenda, nobody expected him to show up at his hearing sporting a tail and horns wearing a red suit. But what he have seen is an nominee who appears incapable of telling the truth about what really stands for, who has not so much testified as allowed his advocates to testify for him. Indeed, Senator Graham, one of the judiciary committee panel members was personally involved in coaching Alito how to evade their questions, while they themselves emphasize how much they believe he will overturn every progressive precedent of the last 100 years. About that they are not kidding. And only your voices speaking out now can turn the tide against this judicial coup.

ACTION PAGE: http://www.emailtocongress.com/no_rightwing.htm

We are planning a two-stage action. First with the action page above we will build a consensus that ANY replacement for Sandra Day O'Connor must be no worse than a true moderate and centrist. Then after the conclusion of the hearings we will speak out AGAIN on specific question of the final vote in the Senate. Please submit every possible action page you can get your hands on, and keep speaking out until we prevail, just as we did on ANWR and the torture prohibition.

But remember that Alito was the author of the tactic of Bush trying to spin acts of Congress with so-called "signing statements" in hopes that some future Supreme Court (including now guess who) would give them weight over the will of the people. And Bush did just that with the anti-torture bill, declaring that he really didn't consider himself bound at all. Every day from now on must be STOP Alito day, otherwise our democracy is doomed.

ACTION PAGE: http://www.emailtocongress.com/no_rightwing.htm

Even if you have submitted something else recently, please go to the page above and take a moment to submit it. This battle must be won, there must be a filibuster, or all else will be ultimately lost. We must all speak out now to save our privacy, our freedom, and our democracy itself.
Så, ja, om man är för att USA:s president ska kunna styra såsom en allsmäktig teokrat, utan hänsyn till "mänskliga lagar", då ska man givetvis stödja denna Alito. Det känns onekligen otäckt att så många mormoner uppenbarligen gör det. Fast kanske logiskt, med tanke på att det yppersta styrelseskicket enligt den tron är teokrati - inte demokrati. Men om man har något mer demokratiska värderingar och om man menar att även USA:s president ska stå under lagen, då måste man vara motståndare till Samuel A. Alito. Men kanske inte helt ofarligt?
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun, 2006 Jan 15 14:19:06    Post subject: PS: Reply with quote

PS: Detta är vad Wayne Madsen Report skriver 2006-01-13 om Samuel Alito's "Unitary Executive":
    January 13, 2006 -- What does Samuel Alito's "Unitary Executive," with presidential signing statements, look like?

Democrats running for Congress must be forced to sign an election manifesto pledging to impeach Alito from the Supreme Court for lying to Congress under oath, a crime. They must also pledge to impeach Bush. Cheney, and other cabinet officers who have committed crimes. If people like Hillary Clinton, Dianne Feinstein, and Joe Lieberman refuse to sign, they should be challenged in their primaries and dumped from the November slate.
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun, 2006 Jan 15 14:44:21    Post subject: Se även: Reply with quote

Se även:

http://life.lege.net/viewtopic.php?p=197#197

http://life.lege.net/viewtopic.php?p=230#230

Från den senare länken:
    Den som ska ansvara för att det går rätt till röjs ur vägen, hej och hå. Detta är vår sköna nya värld. Givetvis ställs ingen till ansvar, eftersom det ruttna sitter i toppen. Som släktingen kallt konstaterar, "Ännu ett offer för brottsfamiljen Bush".
Det handlade om mordet på amerikanska armens etikexpert i Bagdad i juni 2005, som påstås vara ett självmord, efter att han stött på ovilja från armeledningens sida att ta tag i problemen med US Investigations Services mord på oskyldiga Irakier. Artikeln som citeras konstaterar att när ameledningen funnit att det inte fanns något sådant problem så var etikexpertens öde beseglat. Samtliga vittnen till det påstådda självmordet var från US Investigations Services. Denna organisation har mäktiga allierade, bl.a. försvarsminister Donald Rumsfeld och flera andra mycket mäktiga män, som nämns.
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, 2006 Jan 19 15:40:28    Post subject: Året som gick Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://life.lege.net/ Forum Index -> Livs-grundade diskussioner All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: