http://life.lege.net/ Forum Index http://life.lege.net/
Life Grounded Discussions / Livs-grundade diskussioner

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 Please note that articles older than a few days are often locked from editing, so links here is guaranteed to refer to the intended material.
 Cookies:  Liksom många websiter använder denna cookies och/eller liknande teknologier för att förbättra användbarheten, men det går att blockera cookies i sin webbläsare och ändå läsa siten.  En cookie är en liten datafil som sparas i den enhet du använder för att läsa siten.  Vi kan använda både tillfälliga cookies och sparade cookies.  Om du läser siten godkänner du att cookies används.

A Grand Hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://life.lege.net/ Forum Index -> Life Grounded Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richb

PostPosted: Tue, 2005 Jul 05 3:40:11    Post subject: A Grand Hello Reply with quote

Hi Leif,

We'll we're here. What next Smile ?

Hope all is going well for you and yours. That's life grounded! I read about the veterans group attempt to get people interested in impeaching Shrubby. We'll support that effort as well.

It seems likely that baring other members, our discussions will be short. The athiest and the heretic. From what I've gathered, we won't be arguing about much but you'll still be educating me.

Take care.

Rich
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue, 2005 Jul 05 19:14:37    Post subject: Hi Rich! Good to hear from you (and Laura)! Reply with quote

Hi Rich! Good to hear from you (and Laura)! I hope all is well with you as well. As for my beliefs at present -- I frankly don't know myself what they are. Heretic may be the correct label today, but the other one might also be correct depending on how you define things.... Smile
Quite a lot of people have browsed this site -- I see that from the server logs -- so hopefully people are thinking and perhaps will return to comment later. I know Diane from other sites, and I hope that she'll read & ponder + comment on the political / ethical subject matter in the text archive.
As I guess we have all figured out, those who lead believe that there is too much democracy and that real democracy is dangerous so they have set it up with a multitude of value-inversions so we are supposed to think that we have real democracy while their kind of "democracy" really means that their kind of rule rules. Think Orwell, and you'll be fine.
What we might discuss is who runs things best -- those who create endless wars to "feed the beast" or those who think of what serves man?
Is "the machine" (as in war machine, organized armies, factory assembly lines, etc) necessary for our survival or are there more life-grounded ways to organize society?
Chuck in ND

PostPosted: Wed, 2005 Jul 06 18:10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will you mind if a believer steps in? I'm married to an agnostic (former LDS)--does that count? Laughing

As for your comments on democracy--I'm composing an answer, will maybe post later when I have more time (like that ever happens! LOL)
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed, 2005 Jul 06 18:42:03    Post subject: Dear "Chuck", I am really glad that you are here! Reply with quote

Dear "Chuck", I am really glad that you are here! I very much appreciate your points of view, I hope that you know that. l'lI enjoy reading your comments & thoughts. And if you can trick that husband of yours to join us here, I'd be even happier -- I really enjoy his points of view also. You wrote that he is a former LDS -- did he formally leave the LDS Church? (You can answer that one in private, if you like.)
Chuck in ND

PostPosted: Wed, 2005 Jul 06 21:01:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trick him? Oh I don't think so. Bribe him, maybe. Laughing He has just submitted a column that should appear in Sunday's paper. I'll post it if you like, once it's published.

Dh is still on the rolls church. However a couple leaders have said he should be ex'd and he has said he would not contest such an action. While he has deep philosophical differences with church doctrine and practices, he harbors no animosity or ill-will towards the church or its members (except for perhaps Pres. Hinckley for his statements on the war Wink ). He wants ds's to be raised in the church, postponing any major decisions (whether to follow dad's in footsteps or not) until they are adults and have more experience and a wider frame of reference.
Leif Erlingsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu, 2005 Jul 07 10:45:16    Post subject: Military Families Speak Out Reply with quote

"Those who are compelled to fight for their freedom are not free." www.mothersagainstthedraft.org

That's an interesting reply to the old quote about not deserving freedom unless willing to fight...

In any case, I wanted to share this:
``Leif Erlingsson and Military Families SPEAK OUT ( http://mfso.org/ ) supporting
the troops in Stockholm, Sweden March 19, 2005
'':

http://life.lege.net/images/content/supporting_the_troops.jpg
It's me and Judy Linehan from Military Families Speak Out marching together. Smile

Leif Erlingsson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    http://life.lege.net/ Forum Index -> Life Grounded Discussions All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: